If you plan for visit to cuttack here are the most attracting places, you must plan with your family
Cuttack is a city in Odisha located between the Mahanadi and the Kathajodi River. Cuttack is 30 kilometers from Bhubaneswar. There are attracting places you must visit with family like temples, park and nature camp which grab attention large number of traveller from all over the country. The architecture and beautiful surrounding of this city is worth watching.
Best Time to Visit Cuttack :
The best time to visit Cuttack is from Novermber to March when the weather is pleasant .The temperature during this time hovers around 20 °C to 22 °C thus making it comfortable enough to explore the outdoors.
Here List of Places for in Cuttack :
1. Cuttack Chandi Temple :
The Cuttack Chandi Temple is an ancient temple dedicated to the Goddess Chandi, the presiding deity of Cuttack, visited by lakhs of visitors every year. It is located on the banks of River Mahanadi and temple distance 3.5 km away of center cuttack .Maa Chandi is worshipped in various incarnations of Durga during the puja.
2. BarabatiFort :
- Barabati Fort is one of the major attractions of Cuttack and is located between the Mahanadi and Kathjori rivers. he ruins of the fort remain with its moat, gate, and the earthen mound of the nine-storied palace, which evokes the memories of past days. The monument was build with such a design that it protects from enemy attacks.
- It was built in the 14th century by the Ganga Dynasty and is now a historical monument of Odisha. It is 5 kilometers away from Cuttack.
- It would not take more than 2 hours to explore this place and near this fort there is the Barabati Stadium and the Cuttack Chandi Temple, which can also be visited on the same day.
3. State Botanical Garden :
- The State Botanical Garden in Cuttack is a beautiful large park spread over 173 acres. This place is a treat for nature and photography lovers. This place 13 km away from midway cuttack . The visitors can have a refreshing time just walking around and chilling in this beautiful garden.
4. SinghanathTemple :
- This is the oldest temple in Cuttack. Its located at Simhanath Island. This place is 68 kilometers away from midway cuttack
- The temple belongs to the ninth century. The temple also contains idols of Shaiva, Shakta and Vaishnava cults of Hinduism.
5. Dhabaleswar Island :
- This Island famous for the Dhabalewar temple and handing bridge is an exotic location to enjoy vacation located in the Mahanadi River. It is situated 15 kilometers from midway Cuttack .
- This temple is devoted to Lord Shiva and is located on a hill rock and one has to climb 100 stairs in order to reach the temple.
6. Deer Park :
It is located in the Madhusudhan Nagar in Cuttack . it is situated 5 km away from center cuttack . It is a place to have fun with family and is especially loved by nature lovers and photography freaks. They can enjoy in the beautiful environment watching a large number of deer together.
7. Ansupa Nature Camp :
if you interested about trekking and nature camp then visit wonderful nature camp of odisha called Ansupa .
- Ansupa is located 42 km from midway Cuttack . A hillrock name called Saranda hill run alongs with western bank of Lake Ansupa and adds greatly to the scenic beauty of Ansupa Lake.
- Here the most Attracting things are the different types resident and the presence of the migratory birds during winter adds to the vibrancy of the lake. Boating facilities available at the lake are another attraction. Here the timing to visit from 7 .00 am to 5.00 pm
- There’s a variety of options for you to stay at. From Star Rated Hotels, Eco Tour Nature Camps equipped with state of the art swiss tents and facilities to OTDC Government Hotels, Bed Breakfasts and Homestays to choose from.
Hope you like this article and plan for visit these location with your family and friends.
You might also love this one – best 5 biriyani places in cuttack