Every couple has always dreamt of a perfect honeymoon. It is a very important beginning that marks the life of all newlyweds. So if you have decided upon Odisha to plan your honeymoon but are still hesitant, then let’s make your work easier.
On such an auspicious occasion of life, it is always a good idea to add some strokes of love and affection to it. Below is list of the 7 best honeymoon destinations in Odisha that adds extra spark to this adventure called marriage!
1. Daringbadi ( The Kashmir Of Odisha)
This place is in the Kandhamal district of Odisha, at an altitude of 3000 ft.(915 meters) above sea level. Surrounded by lush greenery with a light mist enveloping the hills, dense mountain forests filled with bird songs, exotic plants, tea, and coffee gardens- this destination is a hidden gem.
- Best time to visit– During Winters [December to February]
- Couples Attraction– Rushikulya River, Doulri River, Hill View Point, Pataudi Waterfalls, Belghar village, and Sanctuary.
- Best Resorts to stay– Shereton Hyderabad (Rs 7,200), Hotel Utopia (Rs 1000)
Puri is a beautiful city situated in the state of Odisha in Eastern India, just 60 km away from the capital city Bhubaneswar. It is located along the Bay of Bengal and offers a beautiful sunlit landscape with palm leaves and the glimmering waves on the shoreline.
It is a popular honeymoon destination among the newlyweds as this place has the blessings of the divine and is also one of the Char Dham i.e. the four most pious pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
- Best time to visit– July to March
- Couples Attraction– Puri Beach, Golden Beach, Jagannath Temple, Konark Temple, Marine Drive,
- Best Resorts to stay– Mayfair Heritage (Rs 14,396), Pramod Convention and Beach Resort (Rs 6,349), Holiday Resort (Rs 6,596)
3. Mahendragiri Hills
Being the second-highest mountain peak of India, Mahendragiri is a hill station located in the Paralakhemundi subdivision of the district of Gajapati in Odisha. To visit Mahendragiri one needs to reach Burukhat. From there he needs to travel 7 km on ghat roads to reach the top of the hill.
- Best time to visit– December to February
- Couples Attraction– Kunti Temple, 200 caves, the roaring sound of the sea, Arjuna Cave, Gandahathi waterfall and trekking.
- Best Resorts to stay– Camping suggested
4. Chillika (The Queen Of Natural Beauty)
Chillika, the largest brackish water lake in Asia, is spread over 1,100 sq. km across the three districts of Puri, Khorda, and Ganjam. It is also a sanctuary and winter resort for migratory birds, some coming from as far as Siberia. The place is famous for the tourists for fishing, bird watching, and boating. The lakes changes its color with passing clouds and the shifting sun.
- Best time to visit– October to March
- Couples Attraction- Honeymoon Island, Kalijai Temple, Nalabana Island and Bird Sanctuary, Satpada, Rambha Bay, Bird’s Island
- Best Resorts to stay– Swosti Chillika Resort (Rs 21,836), Om Leisure Chilika Resort (Rs 4,256), Hotel Chilika Heritage Resorts (Rs 1,173)
Read more- Best Places to Travel solo in Odisha
Said to be the highest peak in Odisha, Deomali is an unexplored gem in the Chandragiri-Pottangi sub-range of the Eastern Ghats. Situated near Koraput town in the Koraput district of southern Odisha, Deomali is located at an elevation of 1,672 metres above sea level.
Lush green paddy fields, vegetations, valleys and flowing rivulets compliments the scenery real well. Deomali is easily accessible in a vehicle and the trek to the peak is not too steep.
- Best time to visit– Summer or Winter
- Couples Attraction– Deomali Mountain, Hanuman Temple, Punjisil Waterfall, Rathiball Waterfall
- Best Resorts to Stay– Trekking and Camping
6. Jirang (Chandragiri)
Jirang also known as Chandragiri, is a small village in Gajapati district of Odisha, which boasts of a small but significant Tibetan population. It became home to the largest buddhist monastery of Eastern India in 2010. Situated in a very beautiful valley, surrounded by various hills of the eastern ghats,a small waterall, Jirang is one of the beautiful destination for the newlyweds.
- Best time to visit– November to February
- Couples Attraction– Buddhist Monastery, Tibetian food , Khasada Waterfall
- Best Resorts to Stay– Ripa Guest House ( inside the Monastery complex)
Gopalpur is famous for its beach at Southern Odisha. This beach has all facility with good hotels & resort to stay near the beach. Variety of sea fish, prawn and crab are found here with a park and fast food centres near the beach. Gopalpur, is situated in the Ganjam district of Orissa. It is a beautiful and quiet beach destination situated in the Bay of Bengal, at a distance of about 16 km from Berhampur (Brahmapur), can be enjoyed by the newlyweds.
- Best time to visit– October to April
- Couples Attraction– Sea beach, Water Sports, Gopalpur Lighthouse
- Best Resorts to Stay– Mayfair Palm Beach Resort (Rs 7,000) Swosti Palm Resort (Rs 3,699)
Odisha has some of the best 7 Honeymoon destinations on a budget. With the options above, you can surely find a romantic spot to spend some quality time with your partner. So, pack your bags and book tickets to these places to have the best experiences of your life.