When Travelling comes into mind it will be a vacation in our busy life. And mostly we would like to travel with our friends or family. But sometime we like to travel alone and relax for sometime.
If you are a solo travel lover and staying in the state then you must read this article to know the list of top 10 places to travel solo in Odisha.
Odisha is known for its culture and history. Odisha has a different kinds of tourist places, Beaches, Hill stations, Temples, National parks and Nature also, which many of us don’t know. That you must go for a refreshing and pleasant experience.
So let’s start with the list.
- Bhubaneswar – Land of Beautiful Architecture
- Puri – Witness of Unique sand Art
- Konark – Ancient Temple
- Cuttack – The vintage City
- Gopalpur – The Beautiful port Town
- Baripada– Cultural center of Odisha
- Chandipur – Home to Sea Turtles
- Sambalpur – A Haven for Nature lover
- Daringbadi – The Hill Town
- Pipili – The Town known for Handicrafts
1.Bhubaneswar – Land of Beautifull Arcitecture
Bhubaneswar is known as Temple city of India also capital of Odisha. Bhubabaneswar among the best tourist place visit in Odisha. it is major center of attraction for authentic overview of the stages of Hindu temple of architecture.
Key of Attractions: Dhauli Hills, Udayagiri & Khandagiri caves, Ratnagiri Buddhist Excavations, Bindu Sarovara, Nandan Kanan Zoological Park, Satkosia Tiger Reserve, and temples of Mukteswar, Lingaraj, Brahmeswara, & Parasurameswara
- Place to stay: hotel empire, new marrion, fortune park shismo, oyo etc
- Best time to stay: October to March
- How to Reach: all places are Within the city
- Nearest station– bhubaneswar Railway station
- Nearest Airport– Biju Patnaik Airport
2.Puri – Witness of Unique sand Art
It is commonly known as Sri jagannatha Dhama. after the 12th-century Jagannatha Temple located in the city. It is one of the original Char Dham pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
Key of Atractions: Puri Beach, Puri Beach Festival, Puri Jagannath temple, Chilika Lake & Bird Sanctuary, and Gundicha Ghar Temple
- Place to Stay:Hotel Sun City, Pride Ananya Resorts,Hotel Holiday Resort,Hotel Niladri,Mayfair heritage Puri
- Best time to visit– July to March
- How to Reach– Distane from bhubaneswar-72 km By Road
- Nearest railway station-Puri Railway station
- Nearest Airport -Biju Patnaik Airport
3.Konark – Ancient Temple
Dedicated to the Hindu Sun God Surya.Konark is a hub of ancient art and sculpture and the best Odisha destinations.Here you can explore archaeological museum,Konark Sun Temple,beach .
Key of Atractions: Archeological Museum, the temple of Sun God & Ramchandi, Chandrabhaga Beach
- place to stay:Lotus Resort, Labanya Lodge,Goroomgo Sun Plaza Lodge Konark,Goroomgo VIP Lodge Konark,Hotel sun temple.
- Best time to visit – September to march
- fees– Rs 40 for Indian and 600 for foreingner
- How to Reach– bhubaneswar to konark-66 km by Raod
- Nearest Station– Puri railway station- (30 km from puri station)
- Nearest airport– Biju Patnaik Airport- (65km form airport)
4.Cuttack – The Vintage City
Cuttack is known as the Millennium City as well as the Silver City due to its history of 1000 years and famous silver filigree works. Cuttack is famous for its Durga puja which is one of the most important festival of Odisha. Cuttack is also the birthplace of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
Key of Atractions: Mahanadi Barrage, Fort of Barabati, Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary, Ansupa Lake, and Temples of Singanatha & Bhattarika
- place to stay: Hotel the triple c, Ekanta, Adish lodge and bar etc
- Best time to visit:August to march
- How to reach: Bhubaneswar to Cuttack distance-26 km by road
- Nearest Station-Cuttack Railway Station
- Nearest Airport– Biju Patnaik Airport
5.Gopalpur – The Beuatiful Port Town
Gopalpur is a coastal town and a Notified Area Council on the Bay of Bengal coast in Ganjam district.
Key of Atractions: Gopalpur Beach, Dhabaleshwar Beach, Gopalpur Sea Beach, and Haripur Sea Beach
- Place to stay:Mayfair Palm Beach Resort,Mahaveer Service Apartment,Pipul Sea view Resort,Hotel Kavin’s Inn
- Best time to visit: November to february
- How to Reach: Bhubaneswar to Gopalpur-170 km by Road
- Nearest station-Barhampur-7.6 km(From Barhampur)
- Nearest Airport-Biju Patnaik Airport-(180 km from Airport)
6. Baripada- Cultural Centre of Odisha
Baripada is a cultural centre of Odisha, situated in the Mayurbhanj district.The town also has its own dance form which is quite famous in the world, known as the Chhau dance.The place is famous for its Mutton curry (lamb meat). No trip to Baripada is complete without tasting its famous Mudhi Mansa (puffed rice and lamb meat curry) a specialty of the region.
Key of Atractions: Maa Ambika Temple, Shri Jagannath Temple, and Mayurbhanj Palace
- Place to Stay:The Belgadia Palace,hotel Durga,tulsi guest house etc
- Best Time to Visit– October to June
- How to reach– Bhubaneswar to Baripada-250 km
- Nearest station-Baripada Railway Station
- Nearest airport-Biju Patnaik Airport
7.Chandipur – Home to Sea Turtles
Chandipur, is a beach in Balasore District, Odisha, India. The beach is located on the shore of Bay of Bengal.Chandipur is famous for its seafood. Do try the prawns and pomfret. Also, the town is quite peaceful.
Key of Atractions: Chandipur Beach, where the sea recedes up to 5 km providing the scope to walk on the sea bed see collect seashells, red crabs, turtles, and other underwater marine particles
- Place to stay :Hotel Asha Nivas, International Tourism Resort, Hotel Chandipur, Shanti Guest House
- Best time to visit: November to March
- How to Reach: Bhubaneswar to Chandipur-207km by Road
- Nearest Station-Baleswar Railway Station
- Nearest station-Biju Patnaik Airport and Netaji Subash Chanda Bose Airport kolkata
8.Sambalpur – A Haven for Nature Lover
Sambalpur is the fifth largest city in the Indian State of Odisha.this city is famous for Sambalpuri sharee.
key of Atractions: Hirakud Dam, Cattle Island, Chiplima, Huma, Samaleswari Temple, Hatibari, and Debrigarh & Ushakothi wildlife sanctuaries
- Place to stay:Hotel Royal Retreat, Hotel Olive, The Welcome Resorts, Hotel Sai Krupa, Shree Shyam Lodge
- Best Time to Visit:September to March
- How to Reach: Bhubaneswar to Sambalpur-274 km by Road
- Nearest Station-Sambalpur Railway Station
- Nearest Airport-Swami Vivekananda International Airport, Raipur (265 km from Raipur) and Biju Pattnaik International Airport, Bhubaneswar (300 km from Bhubaneswar)
9.Daringbadi – The Hill Town
Daringbadi is a hill station in Kandhmal district of Odisha.Widely known as “Kashmir of Odisha”, it is situated at a height of 915 metres and is a popular tourist destination.
Key of Atraction: Doluri River, Putudi Waterfalls, Dasingbadi waterfalls, Badangia waterfalls, and Hill View Park
- Place to Stay:Utopia Resort,Deers eco retrat,Daringbadi Nature Retreat
- Best Time To Visit: September to May
- How to Reach: Bhubaneswar to Daringbadi-247 km by road
- Nearest Station-Barahmpur Rilway Station
- Nearest Airport– Biju Patnaik Airport
10.Pipili – The Town known for Handicrafts
Pipili is a town and a NAC under jurisdiction of Puri district.This small town of Odisha is famous in the world for its craft and handicraft. The Applique handicrafts of this town are especially famous.
Key of Attractions: Beautiful Applique handicrafts and colourful bazaars
Places To Stay: Nest Guest House, Royal Orchid Residency
Best Time To Visit– October to January
How to Reach– Bhubaneswar to pipili-25 km by road
Nearest Station– Delang Railway Station,Kanas Road Railway Statio,puri railway station
Nearest Airport- Biju patnaik Airport
Read More-Top 7 hill stations to visit in odisha
So, what are you waiting for Friend ? Pack your bags and plan an immediate vacation to these Best Places to Travel solo in Odisha (Tips & 10 favorites). Let us know about the holiday, once you are back. Also, do not forget to comment after visited these places.
One thought on “Best Places to Travel solo in Odisha (Tips & 10 favorites)”
Comments are closed.