Hey you all may know about so many stadiums but today I am going to share some information about a stadium which is well known for our National game Hockey.
There are some stadiums in Odisha but one of them is Kalinga Stadium which is a world class hockey destination which is situated in our capital city near Nayapalli area. It has been inaugurated on 1978 by Former CM Biju Patnaik.
Let’s explore something more about Kalinga Stadium Bhubaneswar.
Sport Facilities Available: –
Let’s know which sport facilities available in the stadium: –
- Table tennis
- Wall climbing
Popular Events Held: –
Kalinga Stadium Bhubaneswar is popularly known for it’s popular events held let’s take some glimpse about that: –
- Hockey Champions Trophy (2014)
- Asian Athletics Championships (2017)
- Men’s FIH Hockey World League (2017)
- Men’s Hockey World Cup (2018)
- Men’s Hockey Series Finals (2019)
- Women’s Gold Cup (2019)
- Men’s FIH Pro League (2020)
- Men’s FIH Junior Hockey World Cup (2021)
How to Reach: –
You must be thinking that how can we reach such a wonderful stadium so let me help you in that: –
By Air: –
- If you are coming via flight then you can take Mo Bus Service from Biju Patnaik International Airport Square and also you can also take private taxi like Ola/Uber, it is only about 4.7km.
By Train: –
- If you are coming via train then you can take Mo Bus Service from Master Canteen Square and also you can also take private taxi like Ola/Uber, it is only about 4.1km.
By Bus: –
- If you are coming via bus then you can take Mo Bus Service from Baramunda ISBT and also you can also take private taxi like Ola/Uber, it is only about 5.7km, you can walk from Jaydev Vihar to Kalinga Stadium, it is a walkable distance.
Stadium Features: –
Let’s have a look about some features about the stadium: –
- Kalinga Athletic Stadium has a capacity of 15,000 and Kalinga Hockey Stadium has a capacity of 16,000 spectators at a time.
- It has total 13 number of entry/exit gates.
- The stadium has 1 athletic ground, 1 hockey ground, 3 practice grounds, 1 swimming pool and other amenities.
Special Attractions Nearby: –
If you are coming to Bhubaneswar then I must suggest that you should explore some beautiful places nearby. Here I am picking some special places for you.
There are so many beautiful parks available adjacent to the stadium Nandankanan Zoological Park, Ekamra Kanan Botanical Garden, Nicco Park, Ocean World Water Park, Indira Gandhi Park, Forest Park, Jaydev Vatika.
Bhubaneswar is a smart city so there are so many shopping malls where you can go and spend some times like Esplanade One Mall, DN Regalia Mall, Bhubaneswar Central, Forum Mart, Pal Heights, BMC Bhawani Mall.
The capital city has so many popular restaurants here I’m picking some best for your cravings 9th Street, Kafil’s Multi Cuisine Restaurant, Sri Radhe Radhe Pure Veg Restaurant, The Lassi Corner, Xenia-Hotel Sandy’s Tower, Nakli Dhaba, Eat Street, Lemon Grass.
The city has it’s best lodging facilities for your luxury stays check this out Hotel Hindusthan International Bhubaneswar, Treebo Trip Aasma Luxury Villa, Pipul Padmaja Premium Hotel & Convention, Lemon Tree Premier Bhubaneswar, Swosti Premium Hotel, Mayfair Lagoon.
I hope all these information I have shared will definitely help you on your next visit to Kalinga Stadium Bhubaneswar. Come here and watch World class Hockey matches here along with explore the amazing city. Don’t forget to leave your valuable feedback in the comment section.