As we all know Under the Government of India’s prestigious Smart City Mission Bhubaneswar the capital of the State of Odisha and largest city of Indian state is the First one among 20 shortlisted cities .
For the evaluation of twin city Odisha government have plan to started some projects under smart city campaign.
Any guesses what projects are included in this smart city campaign ??
Let’s have a look how will Bhubaneswar transforming there Cityscape under smart city campaign.
Top Developments Planned for the Project
- Bhubaneswar is now categorized as a Tier-2 city.
- An emerging information technology and education hub, Bhubaneswar is one of the country’s fastest-developing cities.
- By 2020 under smart city campaign it expected to have 29billion US dollar consumer electronic market.
- The government of odisha has identify electronic manufacturing as a priority sector.
- The government of odisha have aim to connect the heritage silver city of Cuttack with smart city Bhubaneswar by metro train and The government is yet to work on the initial project plans.
- The government have another NHAI highway construction project with 1560km long highway construction. And 4 lane highway construction with 200km long highway including bridges .
- The Bhubaneswar Smart City has set a target to complete the Smart Janpath project by the end of October 2020.
The state government not only promises but also started some projects under smart city campaign .
1. Bhubaneswar Airport To Get New Terminal Soon :
- The Bhubaneswar will remain partially shut for coming project under smart city Mission and it will completed between last of 2020.
- As informed by Government of odisha after the renewals work done planes are operate flights between Bhubaneswar and Abu Dhabi .
- As per the plan the old terminal building at the airport will be revamped and the link building will be constructed as two floors and an aero bridge.
- At present all over 250 flights are operate from Bhubaneswar and it will be more after this restoration of new terminal work achieved .
2. Train Station To Be Redeveloped As A Multi Portal Hub :
- In the coming years Bhubaneswar railway station will be completely redeveloped into a first of its kind multi portal hub.
- The Bhubaneswar railway station will have a new terminal building and two new railway lines along with platforms and also will have five floors apart from the ground.
- The government odisha is also planning to develop the adjoining area of the station into a multi-modal transport hub in coming project under Smart City Mission.
- The project will be divided into two phases and is expected to be completed in three years.
3. Baramunda Bus Stand To Be Re Deigned With Morden Facilities :
- As planned by the government of odisha upcoming Baramunda bus stand project setup with restaurant, hi-tech lightning, drinking water and sanitary facilities in the bus stand to make it a model bus stand in the state.
- The Baramunda bus stand will have an inter state G+2 terminal building and a two storey commercial bloks.
- In this project it will not only improve public transport system in the capital but also connect with many cities and bus stands of other states as well .
4. Historic Lingaraj Temple Gears Up For Smart City Campaign :
- The government of odisha officially announced a scheme named as ekamra khetra yojana is a part of beautification of Lingaraj Temple.
- In this scheme nine projects are added including historic water tank, modern parking, lingaraj heritage project, development of kedargouri, and mukteswar Temple.
- Also a park will be set up in front of lingaraj temple and parking movement in front of the temple will be banned.
I hope it will help you to get some idea about state government’s upcoming projects under smart city campaign also waiting to see when will all the plans are successfully concluded . Here i mentioned the official link of Bhubaneswar smart city limited https://www.smartcitybhubaneswar.gov.in/